Friday, July 23, 2010

Breakfast on the Beach



Today, and nearly every day now, I enjoy this wonderful omelet for breakfast. The cheese I used today happened to be Jalapeño Jack, so there were little bits of spicy surprise, every now and then. Yum! Normally I use mozzarella or provolone- Both of which are delicious with spinach. Oh, and that's Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage, there below. Also pretty yum. I can't drink coffee right now, so that is roasted buckwheat tea (I think, anyway) and it is so good.

If you want to enjoy this awesomeness, it's pretty basic, as far as omelets are concerned.

You'll need these ingredients, in the proportions that suit you. :)

Eggs, beaten with a little milk
Spinach (I love baby spinach, but it really doesn't matter.)
Cheese (I prefer white cheeses for this kind of omelet.)

Pour the eggs into a medium heated, lightly oiled skillet. Add enough spinach and cheese to your liking. Add a little bit of water for steam, around the edges of the pan. Turn heat to low and cover with lid. Let it steam until the spinach is slightly wilted, fold over to make the omelet, and cover again, until the eggs completely set. If needed, add a little salt and pepper, and enjoy!! (I like ketchup here, too!)

3 comments:

  1. and now I'm extremely hungry and craving eggs and spinach for some reason. thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well at least you can make it. Oh wait, that means you'll have to be an adult and get groceries. Booo.

    ReplyDelete