Friday, June 25, 2010

You wanna... Bowl?

The kids and I went to the bowling alley last evening, to presumably have an awesome time. We got to the alley around 6:30PM, which I thought was a great time to go. Oh, how wa-rong was I!? I approached the counter with coupons and cash in hand, ready to purchase some time on a lane. The guy at the counter lackadaisically approached me and gave me this weird look. He then asked, in somewhat a surprised tone, "Whadaya need? You wanna... Bowl?" And I said "Yeah." With a bit of  "Of course, what else would I be at the BOWLING ALLEY for?" type of sarcasm. He then relayed the unfortunate fact that there weren't going to be any lanes available until 9:30PM. Seriously? The kids didn't really understand why we couldn't bowl, and I felt pretty bad about building the whole outing up so much. So, awesome evening plans, ruined. Stinkin' league bowlers! (You know who you are. Haha.)

So in an effort to salvage the evening, I offered to them, a nice evening trip to Busch Gardens. I was totally shot down! I racked the ol' brain and suggested a trip to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, since they talk about it a lot, in pretty high regards. They bit. KK happens to make the only doughnut I care to pay money for, so it was a win-win. We drove and drove... The kids asked if we were still in Florida, since it seemed to take eons to get there. When we finally arrived, my kids were ready with their specific doughnut requests. Lego Boy asked to have a cruller and miss Hello Kitty asked for the one with sprinkles. (They'd been there several times with their grandparents and father, so apparently, they were pros at this point.) I was pretty shocked that my son even knew what a cruller was. I decided to try Krispy Kreme's featured Lemon Cake doughnut and it was ever so delightful. I had to share it with LB, because after he tried "Just a little bite," he was hooked. HK, not so much. Since we had decided to eat-in, we got to have our faces melted. And not in that "Check out that guy shred! This is the best rock show ever!" kind of way... It was soooo steaming hot in there, that I was 'Hot and Ready' to leave. But the kids were really enjoying our little impromptu date. I'm going to have to say, I seriously recommend against eating in, at the Florida and Waters location- At least, when the sun is beaming directly into the cramped, little dining area.


From Drop Box


From Drop Box


From Drop Box


From Drop Box


From Drop Box


After KK, we headed to a friends house, but before that, we stopped off at a playground to burn off some of that sugar. LB made a couple of friends right away, and HK did too, once some girls showed up. They had a blast with their new friends and played until the sun started going down. Needless to say, evening: saved. =)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, huge bummer about the bowling. Stupid league bowlers... taking up the whole place! Well now we can reprieve and go together. :)

    KK sounds yummy! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete